Delta Zeta Chapter

G. Thurston Frazier 

 

The Delta Zeta Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi was established on the campus of Central State University in Wilberforce, Ohio. Delta Zeta is located in the East Central Province. Brother G. Thurston Frazier and Brother George F. David II were key architects behind the establishment of the Delta Zeta Chapter.

The beginnings of a new chapter in Wilberforce came about as a result of the split of Wilberforce University into two separate entities in the fall of 1947. The members of the Wilberforce Alumni chapter worked diligently to establish a chapter at the new school, and during the fall of 1951, took the necessary steps to do just that. Under the guidance of G. Thurston Frazier and past Grand Polemarch George F. David II, the brothers of the Wilberforce Alumni Chapter petitioned the Grand Chapter for a charter at Central State University, which was granted, and went into effect February 5, 1952. Delta Zeta Chapter is the 100th undergraduate chapter established in Kappa Alpha Psi.

 

The original Charter Members of Delta Zeta Chapter are:

 

Jacques Snead, Polemarch, Paul Colbert, Vice Polemarch, Maurice Edelen, Keeper of Records, Claude Stapleton, Keeper of Exchequer, Jessie Galloway, Senior Ex-Officer, Leonard Gaskins, Junior Ex-Officer, Cecil Greene, Jr., Strategus, Charles Andy, James Black, William Dabney, Lewis Jackson, Paul Keels, Dallas Perkins, Henry Thomas, Wallace Ward, Koren Baskerville, Paul Black, Melvin Gregory, Robert Jerret, Roy Lewis, Adam Scott, Leo Triplett, William Bell, Paul Clark, James Harding, Roberts Johnson, George Morton, William Taylor , John Underwood, Tommie Wilkerson, William Willis and Robert Whitehead.